CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hints for teachers

So, I know I posted a comment yesterday about shopping at the thrift store for clothes, well I wanted to post another comment today about shopping at the thrift store for the classroom. My favorite rack at the DI is the book rack, they have childrens books for fifty cents each. Most of them aren't in really bad condition either, they're not new but when you are looking at a first grade classroom, half the books will be ruined by the end of the year anyways. Another thing that I like to get there for my classroom is stuffed animals. I'm going to have a corner of my room where I'll have a little couch and lots of stuffed animals and when the kids are done with their work, they can go to the corner and read to a friend (the friend being the stuffed animal). The stuffed animals average about $1 a piece, and if you just throw them in the wash, they are as good as new! I will send pictures of my classroom once I have it all set up for the new year :)

0 comments: