CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Week One

Well, week one of teaching is over here are my thoughts:
1. I'm feeling pretty confident in the classroom as a teacher, I feel like I know what I'm doing and I feel like I have the authority to do it, which is a new feeling for me and it feels good!
2. I have 30 kids in my classroom and its hard to keep them under control. They talk all the time! I've started doing certain things to train them how to listen and I can tell its really hard for some of them to sit and listen. The whole class ended up 10 min. late to lunc the other day becuase they were talking and I wanted them quiet in line. I'm pretty sure that once they figure out the routine, they won't be so talkative, but that may take a couple of weeks.
3. I have some students that are excellent readers and some that don't even know how to make their letters, its hard to accomodate all of them while making the curriculum interesting--I can't wait till we split classes! Whoever said ability grouping is a bad thing has never really been in a classroom.

1 comments:

Cara said...

i'm sure your a great teacher amanda! your classroom looks great! what grade are you teaching?? maybe you can share some of your fun projects with us! i am always looking for new things to do with emma!