CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our Favorite Recipes!

I decided to share what we usually eat here at the Penton house, we like to eat things that are fast and good!! So here's a couple of our favorite recipes:

Lemon Teriyaki Chicken:

1/2 cup Lemon juice
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup of sugar
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons water
Cloves of garlic (however much you like)
3/4 teaspoons ginger
5-8 chicken pieces

Combine everything (except chicken) together in a skillet. Cook until it starts to bubble, add chicken and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender. We usually serve this on top of rice and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.


Chicken Roll-ups
(variation of chicken cour d'bleu-- sp??)

Chicken (however much you want to use)
Deli ham
Swiss cheese
bread crumbs

Flatten chicken, place a piece of ham and cheese on top and whatever spices you want. Fold chicken in half and roll in bread crumbs until covered. Place on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Sauce:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream

Combine ingredients for the sauce and heat up in microwave. Put sauce on top of chicken.

I like to serve this dish with steamed broccoli and rice ( we really like rice in our family).


Spanish Rice: I just made this last night with tacos, this is one of Craig's fav's

2 Tablespoons oil
2 Cups rice
1 can stewed tomatoes
3 cups water
Minced garlic to taste
1 bouillon cube ( you can use chicken stock instead of bouillon and water, whatever you prefer)
1/2 onion

Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan. When hot, put the dry rice in and brown the rice (you need to watch it constantly or order for it not to burn) Put in everything else and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for about 15 min. or until the rice is tender. Enjoy!

2 comments:

shelleyjanae said...

Those all sound oh-so-tasty. I am going to have to try them asap. Thanks for sharing. You always have such yummy recipes.

Cara said...

amanda I am so glad you shared some of your recipes, as you may remember I love trying new recipes! In fact I don't know if you have seen my recipe blog, there is a link to it on my personal blog called sweetpeasrecipe.blogspot.com
check it out, I have actually posted several recipes that I use regularly from your family cookbook that you gave me!
We would love to have you as a contributor to our recipe blog, let me know if you are interested!
and please also let me know if I can share these recipes you just posted on my recipe blog!