CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Trip

We started our 12 and 1/2 hour trip to Washington at 6 in the morning. We got up really early becuase we were determined to make it here in one day. We made it!! We even made a few stops along the way. We stopped in Twin Falls and saw the new temple that they are building, we stopped for food a couple of times, and overall it was a mostly pleasant trip. Neither Craig nor I have taken this trip before and we were amazed at the change in landscape as soon as we passed over the Cascade mountains. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the geographical features of the west, the Cascade mountains are what divides eastern Washington and western Washington. As soon as we were over the mountains it felt like a whole different world. It looks alot like the east coast with lots of green foliage. I apologize for not posting pictures, we actually took quite a few videos of our trip and our video camera is having issues at the moment, so if I can figure it out I will post pictures of what we saw later. A big shock of our trip was the gas prices! In this area you can't buy gas for under $3.70 a gallon and I think we even paid $3.95 one time. It's crazy! The good thing is that we are here, we are in our apartment and we are happy that long drive is over!

Here are some pictures that we didn't take, but it is basically what we saw (and yes there was still snow on the mountains!)


3 comments:

Cara said...

oh my gosh amanda, I can't believe you were in twin falls. we live only 10 min. from there now!! I wish I would have known! if you come back through on your way down after the summer you will have to let me know! I'm glad you guys arrived safe!

Cara said...

buy the way, where are you guys exactly in washington????

Cara said...

buy the way, where are you guys exactly in washington????